Nursing is no longer the domain of women only. Male nurses have now begun to make forays in what was hitherto an entirely female field of work.
Male nurse jobs have turned out be a very rewarding career for males. Medical institutions in India are slowly opening up to the idea of recruiting male nurses.
The scope of male nursing jobs includes all that which a female nurse has to undertake. Like their female counterparts, male nurses need to assist the doctors in diagnosis, treatment, noting down medical details and maintaining files, operating medical equipments, particularly in operation theatre and last but not the least looking after admitted patients.
Male Nursing Jobs in Delhi, India
- Male nurses can now get job openings in all government run hospitals across the country.
- Male nurse jobs in Delhi can be found in India’s premier medical institution, the All India Institute of Medical Science.
- ESI is a central government based hospital in all major cities. Even state government run hospitals in all states have openings for male nurses.
- Private hospitals in the country have their own networks across major Indian cities. Even these hospitals have begun to recognize the advantages of recruiting male nurses.
- Male nurses can look forward to work as nurse educator, nurse anesthetist, clinical nurse specialist, nursing informatics analyst, operation theatre nurse, dialysis nurse, and as nurse managers.
For a career in nursing, it is essential for male nursing aspirants to have a degree in nursing. An opening in this field along with right kind of experience can help male nurses climb up the ladder.