You will find many job opportunities in the health care industry and nursing job is also one of them. This job is always high in demand as this job doesn't have any impact of global fiscal crisis. Nursing jobs are divided into different types as per the type of job and responsibilities. LPN (Licensed Practical Nurses) and RNs(Registered Nurses)are two types of nurses. Here lets discuss about LPNs.
What are the Responsibilities LPNs(Licensed Practical Nurses)?
- LPN work under the supervision of doctors and RNs. Also they are responsible for giving necessary patient care.
- LPNs job is to gather information from the patient about medical records, medical cover details, and other pretreatment paperwork.
- Also she has to keep health details of the patients such as blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and other critical signs.
- If patient is injured and has external injury on the body, she has to dress the wound everyday till it heals.
- After taking all details from the patients she has to give it the respective doctor.
Salaries for LPN's in Connecticut
The average salary for fresher LPN in Connecticut is approximately $26000 to $38,000 and if you have 10-15 experience in this field, you will get about $31,000 to $45,000 per annum. Note that the abovementioned salary ranges are estimated figures and can be change as per financial situations.
Part Time & Full Time LPN Jobs in Connecticut
We see LPNs in all kinds of health care industries such as private and public hospitals, clinics of doctors, health care units etc. They work on rather part time or full time basis. Following are some healthcare centers in Connecticut where you can apply online for LPN's position.