BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) Mumbai is the civic body of Mumbai city. It administers various civic infrastructures which fall under the jurisdiction of the city and its suburbs. BMC is termed as the richest civic body in Asia and largest in India. It rules over an area of 603 square kilometers.
Some of the basic infrastructure of the city of Mumbai that comes under the civic responsibility of BMC includes:
- Construction and maintenance of flyover, streets and roads
- Maintenance of cemeteries and crematoriums
- Municipal-aided schools
- Water supply
- Public health and hospitals
- Street lights
- Maintenance of open spaces and parks
- Sewage treatment and its disposal
- Garbage disposal
- Cemeteries and crematoriums
- Births and deaths registrations
These departments account for large numbers of jobs in MBC Mumbai. Some of the popular employment opportunities offered by BMC ncludes:
- Electronic and telecommunication engineer
- Junior civil engineer
- Account assistant
- Junior audit assistant
- Stenographer (English and Marathi)
- Jr. A. & A.A (Sportsman)
BMC enjoys the status of local government. So, job openings offered by this local body in any of its various departments are treated as government jobs. Clerical jobs are also available in large numbers. So, most of the job-seekers at BMC prefer to enter clerical jobs which are easy to get. These openings mostly do not require any specific professional skills. The candidates are generally required to appear at selection tests to prove their competence.
How to Find Jobs in BMC?
- All types of jobs in BMC are notified to the public through its official website www.mcgm.gov.in, local newspapers and other job sites.
- Candidates who match the eligibility criteria are mostly invited to appear at walk-ins for selection.
- There are certain openings which require the candidates to appear at selection tests, as well.
- To know about jobs in BMC, candidates are recommended to visit the official site of the civic body and follow the latest notification.