Indian Railway is one of the most premier government-owned institutions. It owns and operates all the rail transport of India. The railway company is taken care by the Ministry of Railway department.
Indian Railway is the fourth largest railway network in the world after USA, Russia and China. There are more than 1.6 million employees working with the Indian Railway presently which makes it the single largest employer in the world.
How to Apply for Job in Indian Railways?
Indian railway hires people based on qualification and judges candidates’ eligibility according to its own criteria. If you have passed MCA, you stand a high chance to get a job here, as there are opportunities for jobs in Indian Railways for MCA. You need to keep a watch on the employment newspaper as well as local and national daily. There are certain job portals, as well which provide information for available posts on offer in Indian railways.Some of the widely-searched online job sites which offer job-related information about Indian Railways include:
Vacancies in various Sectors of Indian Railways
- Getting jobs in Indian Railways for MBA is also possible in its various non-technical sectors. Career in Indian Railway is very rewarding.
- The staffs in Indian Railways are classified into gazetted and non-gazetted employees. Gazetted employs include officers recruited under Group A and Group B.
- Non-gazetted staff includes employees who are recruited under Group C and Group D. With a degree like MCA or MBA, one can surely apply for the post of group A and B.
- The Union Public Service Commission carries on the recruitment process for gazetted officers by holding examinations.
Career Opportunities in Indian Railways
- The details for the examination are available in the official website of UPSC.
- The website offers all the details including date of examination, criteria, qualification, posts, number of available seats, pay-scale, training, age limit, etc.
- The process for selection is quite strict as it is completely based on merit. One has to pass the written examination, physical measurement test, physical efficiency test, interview and other form of examination based on the post one intends to apply.
- Indian Railways has opening for more than 100000 employees as announced by the Government of India. There are more than 1.6 million people already attached with Indian Railway and many are aspiring to be a part of it.
- It is a dream career for many who have high regards for jobs in this sector.