Civil service jobs in India are held in high esteem. As a matter of fact, job positions offered under civil service are included among elite services the country has on offer. For some, these types of services are the backbone of the country. They are much coveted as they carry high respect and great responsibilities.
Entering into the fold of civil service is the dream of every individual in India. It is because of this reason they civil services in the country see tough completion. People with extraordinary capabilities only get through, in the end.
One cannot define civil service jobs in India through judging on salary, income and pay-packages offered. Most would agree that there are numerous job positions in corporate sector of the country which pay higher than the salaries offered to civil servants in the country. but it is not the monetary benefit for which people vie for civil service jobs in India. on the contrary, main attractions of the civil service positions in the country are power of the office, status and respect which one seldom gets serving private companies.
Many people in the country wonder what are civil service jobs and what is the controlling body that conducts civil service examinations. Civil service examinations in India are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. Through this examination process which includes written test and interview, officers for different services are selected and recruited.
List of Civil Service Jobs
List of the Indian Civil Service job opportunities includes:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- India Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
These posts are put in the category of all India services. Apart from these elite jobs, there are other premier services which are categorized in Group A Services. These include:
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Customs and Central Excise Service
- Indian Revenue Service
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Posts of Assistant Security Officer (RPF)
- Indian Information Service
Apart from these, Indian Civil Service also includes some important posts which are included in Group B Services. These include:
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Railway Board Secretariat Service (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service and Police Service
- Customs Appraisers’ Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
Aspirants can take the help of a dedicated Indian civil service website (www.civilserviceindia.com) for more information and guidance.