Most Indian youth, during their formative years strive to become engineers. This is because engineering jobs in India are available in plenty and the designation in itself commands immense social respect. With the boom in the industrial sector few fields offer a better career alternative than engineering.
To meet the huge demand of engineering aspirants many government and private institutes have come up in the country. The IIT which imparts high class education is rated among the best in the world. Students graduating from the IIT's can get plum placement in all technological sectors.
Types of Engineering Jobs in India
The various kinds of engineering jobs in India are listed below:
- Mechanical Engineer: The job involves designing and building machines and devices and computer designing
- Aerospace Engineer - This field is related to building and maintaining space and flying machines.
- Materials Engineer - Deals with material properties and uses. This includes ceramics, metallurgy ,polymers, and even invents new materials
- Electrical Engineer - the task involves designing and building all electronic and electrical devices like power supplies, computer chips, cars, power plants, etc
- Computer Engineer - building and programming computers and control systems of all types
- Industrial Engineer - This branch of engineering deals with designing systems, optimizing efficiencies, and info flow
- Civil Engineer - This branch deals with large buildings, public works, construction, surveying, design, etc
- Construction Engineer - is supposed to supervise all types of construction.
- Chemical Engineer - This job takes care of all chemical processes
- Petroleum Engineers - This is related to oil and oil products including drilling
- Geotechnical Engineer - This branch of engineering is related to earth, rocks and mining
Other types of engineering jobs are nuclear engineering and Biochemical engineering.