AAI (Airport Authority of India) is an organization that functions under the Ministry of Civil Aviation. The organization's main responsibility is to manage all the airports of the nation.
The AAI is responsible for managing and operating 126 airports in the country. These include 89 domestic airports, 12 international airports and 26 civil enclaves. The corporate headquarters of this aviation body are located at Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi.
AAI serves as the one of the greatest employment bodies in the country. It is known to employ more than 20,000 people throughout the country.
Jobs and Careers at Airport Authority of India
Popular job openings available with the prestigious aviation organization include:
- Junior Executive
- Jr. Assistant (Carto)
- Jr. Assistant (Survey)
- Jr. Executive Engineer. (Civil)
- Jr. Executive Engineer. (Electrical)
- Jr. Executive (Fire Service)
- Jr. Executive (Official Language)
AAI Recruitment 2010
All of the AAI careers are known to be prestigious. There is almost a beeline of candidates who seek jobs at AAI. Some of the current job openings which are available with AAI include:
- Junior Assistant (Fire Service)
- Manager (ATC)
- Manager (Electronics)
- Jr. Executive (ATC)
- Sr. Assistant (Electronics)
Job prospects at the premier aviation body have increased to greater height after recent announcement that AAI would build several new airports in the country.
AAI Recruitment 2010 Syllabus
AAI recruitment syllabus is known to be considerably vast. It requires thorough and diligent preparation. AAI recruitment 2010 syllabus includes general knowledge and technically detailed topics that depend upon specific job requirements. Other constituents of the syllabus are various aptitude tests and English.
How to Apply for Jobs at AAI?
Individuals who are interested in bagging job opportunity at AAI should take the help of home website of the organization. Once they flip through the site Airportsindia.org.in/AAI/main.jsp, they would come across various announcements related to recruitment. After determining their choice, they can send their application online.
Aircraft Mechanic Jobs: Salary and Training for Aircraft Technicians
Aircraft mechanics or avionics technicians have an important responsibility of keeping aircraft or their equipments working safely and properly. Their job is to service, repair and scrutinize different components of airlines and systems such as airframes, engines, landing gear, hydraulic system and propellers. For past few years work of aircraft mechanics have changed significantly because of advancement of computer technology and electronics.
Skills and Qualifications needed to become an Aircraft Mechanic
- Aircraft mechanics should be responsive, work efficiently with their hands and equipments, and have good analysis and observation.
- Accuracy and attentiveness to detail are essential.
- Aircraft mechanics should have knowledge of all parts of an airplanes and how they work simultaneously.
- You should be high school diplomas or the equivalent if you want to be an aircraft mechanic.
- Also they must get government certification.
- There are two licenses A license and P license. If you have "A license" you can work on airplane bodies and if you are having P license then you can work on engines.
- They must be at least 18 years old and should have a good English knowledge.
How to Get the Job?
If you are searching for aircraft mechanic job, you can directly go to airlines offices. The schedule airlines hire approximately 45000 aircraft mechanics throughout USA and other countries. In addition approx. 80000 mechanics who are having A and P licenses are hired by general aviation.
Salary for Aircraft Mechanics
An aircraft mechanics salary depends upon location and specialty. Aircraft mechanics employed by commercial airlines get high salary and various benefits. Today there is a great demand for this job because airline passenger traffic increases day by day provding more opportunities in this field.