Sociology is a part of social sciences that uses experimental research to investigate particular subject about human social activity. Sociologists' job is to study social relations, customs, economy, social networking, etc. There are many career opportunities available if you have major degree in sociology. This includes administration, counseling, research, television journalism, government, public relations, senior and youth services.
Best Jobs for Sociology Majors
- Government Jobs: Sociology majors can get a job in public or government department as a human service specialist. The essential management qualities that come with studying sociology are proved when sociologists help groups of people by shaping policies. Society can be re-established and modernized with the help of human services specialists.
- Counseling: Another job alternative for sociologist is to become a counselor or therapist. Sociologists use various kinds of investigation techniques to help their customers. Counselors focus on special areas such as alcohol addiction, career choice, marriage problems and solutions, etc.
- Human Resource Specialist: Sociology majors can use their skills and talents as HR professional. They have to work for public and private companies or agencies. These companies hire human resources specialists as job recruiters, training specialists, support technicians and in various managerial roles.
- Environmental Consultant: Sociology majors can also consider careers working with environmental organizations as public health experts, environmental research analyst, and community relations specialists.
- By G Y on July 19, 2010, 4:30 pm G Y
Hey, I am a student. I am very interested in the field of sociology. What are some good career options related with this field? I have heard that career options in sociology are rare and it needs a lot of hard work and many years of study. Is this true?
- By Q K on July 26, 2010, 3:53 pm Q K
Hello sir, I am student and doing my masters in sociology. Right now I am in search of some part time job and I have good access to typing as I opted as my subject in my PUC and till date I have been practicing it. So please send me details about it.
- By F R on August 1, 2010, 6:20 am F R
Hello, I am a student currently pursuing my degree in sociology. I am searching for a platform where I can use my social skills and I feel this is the right place I came. I want to use my free time in writing through which I want to express my feelings n what I observe through my words. I feel gr8full if u provide me an opportunity to show my talent in this platform.
- By G F on August 6, 2010, 8:56 am G F
Heyy there, I have a a Bachelor's degree in ARTS - Economics, Sociology and Post graduate Diploma in Business Administration. I have Experience as Materials Manager and Technical writing for Telecom based products. Presently I have experience in TRANSCRIBING for Speech/Voice recognition project. I stay in New Mexico and I am looking for home based transcription jobs.
- By J G on August 24, 2010, 2:23 pm J G
Hello, I have done master's in sociology. I am searching for a job in HR/Administration.I am having specialization in industrial relation and personnel management. I am out of job and having no experience in HR field..
- By Sam on September 5, 2010, 12:19 am Sam
Hello, I am Sam. I have got bachelors degree in sociology from University of North Texas and doing my master's now. I am searching for a job in government department. Is there any job openings in government?
- By FE on January 2, 2011, 3:51 pm FE
Hello, I am a qualified engineer who is for the last three years regularly writing, rewriting and editing content for various clients. My wife is a teacher with a long experience in teaching students in US where we live. She has written books and also published articles. We are looking for home based writing, rewriting and editing jobs.
- Last Updated on September 1, 2010, 12:23 pm
- Page Created on July 14, 2010, 2:26 pm