Coffee shops in London are coming up in large numbers in major cities. You can spot a coffee shop in all major junctions of a metro. Smaller cities are even catching up with the trend. Managing coffee shops is no small task. It involves attention to lot of small details. Managing it smoothly is possible only with the help of a well organized management team.
Part time and Full Time Jobs in Coffee Shops in London
You can get both full time and part time jobs in coffee shops across London.
- Host: One of the most important posts is that of a host. It may be a full time or a part time job. This job is important because it plays an important role in maintaining customer relationship. The primary task of this job is to be hospitable to guests. Your role as a host will be to welcome guests and seat them at tables and provide them with menus. Many a times you have to assign them tables suitable for their needs.
- Kitchen Management: Next you need to be in touch with kitchen staff and management staff to address every concern of the customer. You also need to talk to customers to ensure satisfaction with beverages and even register complaints.
- Cashiers: There is opening for the post of cashiers as well. This job involves to accept payments for food and beverages, prepare cash receipts after shutting down of establishments, and even take care of all banking activities.
- Managers: Mangers in a coffee shop have to shoulder big responsibility. They have to coordinate activities of kitchen room staff and waiters to help customers receive timely and courteous service. They also have to prepare work schedules for the staff. They also have to place order for requisition supplies. They need to take care of equipment and see that tables and serving stations are in working order. Another important task assigned to managers is to guide and supervise food and beverage service personnels. When it comes to planning parties or other special occasions and services the onus of overlooking the arrangements completely lies with them. Advertising and marketing services is also a part of their job.
- Machine Technicians: Cafe shops also have regular openings for cafe machine technicians. Their job is to put the machine in order once it gets conked. As a cafe cannot wait for its machine to be put in working order, most cafe shops employ technicians on a full time basis.
Other positions open include that of a ware house assistant and a retail consultant.